[rt-users] Install RT on Rackspace Cloud Server

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 15:20:09 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Alex Moura <alexsm at gmail.com> wrote:
> As Dominic and Kenneth pointed out, the planning should be simple but
> carefully crafted.
> Basically, having a new RT server installation, configured, tested and
> running and a DB dump / restore will do the trick.
> I only missed tips regarding special attention to the DNS / MX part of the
> solution.
> As you will be changing RT servers, it is important to include the MX
> changes in the appropriate steps of the plan, both for testing and also for
> entering in production. You may receive mail that can open new tickets
> during testing, and you will have extra work to fix the mess or else opt -
> if you can - to loose/ignore those tickets.

with qmail we have it setup like this

#cat ~alias/.qmail-help
|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue help --action correspond --url
https://rt.example.net 2>/dev/null || exit 111

so its a temporary failure signal to the sender's relay/smtp server.
that means the mail won't be lost, it will re-attempt at a later time
automatically

this will allow you to keep the RT down for long time.

> []'s,
> Alex

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?