[rt-users] speeding up rt-shredder

ronald higgins ronald.higgins at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 15:28:37 EDT 2010

Hi Garry,

The RT DB is currently 215GB in size, 1.5 Million Tickets (Attachments
table has 7 million entries).
Yes, this badboy is what I inherited with the new job. I've already
built another MySQL DB with the tables partitioned intended for
eventual cut over
but the last few days have seen the current prod db taking a hit
performance wise which is when i really started digging through the
tickets looking for a stop gap until we can cut over, and i'm sure
cutting the Tickets down by 700 000 will make a difference.

By all means, send it :) All tools of the trade are always gladly received :)