[rt-users] speeding up rt-shredder

G.Booth G.Booth at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jul 27 15:54:26 EDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:28:37 +0200
  ronald higgins <ronald.higgins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Garry,
>
> The RT DB is currently 215GB in size, 1.5 Million
>Tickets (Attachments
> table has 7 million entries).
> Yes, this badboy is what I inherited with the new job.
>I've already
> built another MySQL DB with the tables partitioned
>intended for
> eventual cut over
> but the last few days have seen the current prod db
>taking a hit
> performance wise which is when i really started digging
>through the
> tickets looking for a stop gap until we can cut over,
>and i'm sure
> cutting the Tickets down by 700 000 will make a
>difference.
>
> By all means, send it :) All tools of the trade are
>always gladly received :)

OMFG!
Mine is 4GB, 150000 tickets, so it looks like you've got some big
attachments!

Think this will be painful!
will send script with explanation when I get back.
I'd seriously look at the attachments table as my RT is 10% of yours in
tickets, but only 2% the size.

Can you zap attachments above 1Gb?

regards
Garry