[rt-users] ExternalAuth - is there a way to assign groups based on LDAP group when creating the RT user?

Mike Johnson mike.johnson at nosm.ca
Wed Jul 28 11:42:36 EDT 2010

As the subject says,

I'm looking for a way that ExternalAuth can assign groups when it creates
the RT user based on group info in the LDAP.

For example,

in LDAP John Doe is part of a group called Supportstaff.

in RT, when John Doe logs in, I want his user to be added to the group
support so that he'll automatically get access to whatever "support" has
access to in RT.

I love that LDAP can be used to authenticate, but I don't see how I can
setup permissions for LDAP users until they've logged into RT once, so the
account is visible in RT to add to groups....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Mike Johnson