[rt-users] Configure Fetchmail to create tickets

Mike Johnson mike.johnson at nosm.ca
Wed Jul 28 14:09:01 EDT 2010

In your fetchmail config, you tell fetchmail to send the emails it grabs to
a specific process.  For RT to create a ticket from an email, you need to
give the email to rt-mailgate.

You do this through the fetchmail config file.

This is an example of one grabbing email from a google apps account and
sending it to rt-mailgate

poll imap.gmail.com proto imap port 993:
username helpdesk at mydomain.com password mypassword  ssl mda "/usr/bin/perl
/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --url http://rt.mydomain.com --queue General
--action correspond"
Hope that helps.
Mike.

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 1:08 PM, George Simpson
<simpsongeorge68 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello again.
>
> We finally got fetchmail to work! thanks to everyone who helped, it now is
> up and running. However, we hit a snag while trying to set it up so that
> people just sent emails to helpdesk at myurl.com and it creates a ticket. I
> think we have to set up aliases in fetchmail so that that email address is
> forwarded to the RT helpdesk queue, but I cannot seem to find out how to do
> it. Is there any documentation about doing this anywhere? I cannot seem to
> find it here nor with the all-powerful google. Thanks in advance, and I
> really appreciate everyones help!
>
> George

Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst