[rt-users] Issues with compiling DBD::Oracle on RHEL 5

VPN Cluster vpn.cluster.ha at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 12:53:46 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have Oracle 11GR2 server installed on RHEL 5. The make initialize
generates error and it needs DBD::Oracle. I tried to install DBD::Oracle but
got the following error..

*"Unable to locate an oracle.mk, proc.mk or other suitable *.mk*

*        file in your Oracle installation.  *

        The oracle.mk (or demo_rdbms.mk) file is part of the Oracle

        RDBMS product. The proc.mk (or demo_proc.mk) file is part of

        the Oracle Pro*C product.  You need to build DBD::Oracle on a

        system which has one of these Oracle components installed.

        (Other *.mk files such as the env_*.mk files will not work.)

        Alternatively you can use Oracle Instant Client.

        In the unlikely event that a suitable *.mk file is installed

        somewhere non-standard you can specify where it is using the -m
option:

                perl Makefile.PL -m /path/to/your.mk"

The link below asks to install Oracle Instant Client . Any ideas?

http://www.issociate.de/board/post/483077/Unable_to_locate_an_oracle.mk,_proc.mk_or_other_suitable_*.mk.html

  Thanks