[rt-users] 3.8.8 initialize-database failure

Rick Gillette rick_gillette at cox.net
Sat Jul 31 15:17:46 EDT 2010

  Good day,

After having a problem with a FreeBSD 7.3 install of RT-3.8.6, I got the
boss to agree to do a complete fresh install of the new RT-3.8.8. I have
all my config files backed up and ready to go, however after checking
a clean make testdeps, and make dropdb of the old rt3 database I just
get so far in running "make initialize-database" before I get this
error, and
I cannot seem to find where to fix it:

****** snip *******

# make initialize-database
/usr/bin/perl -I/opt/rt3/local/lib -I/opt/rt3/lib sbin/rt-setup-database
--action init --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database, this script needs to
connect to your  mysql instance on localhost as root
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:

Working with:
Type:    mysql
Host:    localhost
Name:    rt3
User:    rt_user
DBA:    root
Now creating a mysql database rt3 for RT.
Done.
Now populating database schema.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near 'TYPE=InnoDB  CHARACTER SET utf8' at line 15 at
/usr/src/rt-3.8.8/sbin/../lib/RT/Handle.pm line 506.
*** Error code 255

Stop in /usr/src/rt-3.8.8.

#

I have checked that line indicated in the error and the script - It
appears this is a
"cascade" error from somewhere else.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick Gillette