[rt-users] 3.8.8 initialize-database failure

Rick Gillette rick_gillette at cox.net
Sat Jul 31 20:16:37 EDT 2010

  Here is what I have configured... Using mysql:

mysql> show variables like 'c%';
+--------------------------+----------------------------------+
| Variable_name            | Value                            |
+--------------------------+----------------------------------+
| character_set_client     | utf8                             |
| character_set_connection | utf8                             |
| character_set_database   | utf8                             |
| character_set_filesystem | binary                           |
| character_set_results    | utf8                             |
| character_set_server     | utf8                             |
| character_set_system     | utf8                             |
| character_sets_dir       | /usr/local/share/mysql/charsets/ |
| collation_connection     | utf8_general_ci                  |
| collation_database       | utf8_general_ci                  |
| collation_server         | utf8_general_ci                  |
| completion_type          | NO_CHAIN                         |
| concurrent_insert        | AUTO                             |
| connect_timeout          | 10                               |
+--------------------------+----------------------------------+
14 rows in set (0.00 sec)

-------------------

mysql> select plugin_name, plugin_type, plugin_status from
information_schema.plugins;
+---------------------+--------------------+---------------+
| plugin_name         | plugin_type        | plugin_status |
+---------------------+--------------------+---------------+
| binlog              | STORAGE ENGINE     | ACTIVE        |
| CSV                 | STORAGE ENGINE     | ACTIVE        |
| MEMORY              | STORAGE ENGINE     | ACTIVE        |
| MyISAM              | STORAGE ENGINE     | ACTIVE        |
| MRG_MYISAM          | STORAGE ENGINE     | ACTIVE        |
| partition           | STORAGE ENGINE     | ACTIVE        |
| ARCHIVE             | STORAGE ENGINE     | ACTIVE        |
| BLACKHOLE           | STORAGE ENGINE     | ACTIVE        |
| FEDERATED           | STORAGE ENGINE     | DISABLED      |
| InnoDB              | STORAGE ENGINE     | ACTIVE        |
| INNODB_TRX          | INFORMATION SCHEMA | ACTIVE        |
| INNODB_LOCKS        | INFORMATION SCHEMA | ACTIVE        |
| INNODB_LOCK_WAITS   | INFORMATION SCHEMA | ACTIVE        |
| INNODB_CMP          | INFORMATION SCHEMA | ACTIVE        |
| INNODB_CMP_RESET    | INFORMATION SCHEMA | ACTIVE        |
| INNODB_CMPMEM       | INFORMATION SCHEMA | ACTIVE        |
| INNODB_CMPMEM_RESET | INFORMATION SCHEMA | ACTIVE        |
| PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA  | STORAGE ENGINE     | ACTIVE        |
+---------------------+--------------------+---------------+
18 rows in set (0.00 sec)

-- And I am unable to initialize a new DB in rt-3.8.8

# make initialize-database
/usr/bin/perl -I/opt/rt3/local/lib -I/opt/rt3/lib sbin/rt-setup-database
--action init --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database, this script needs to
connect to your  mysql instance on localhost as root
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
Working with:
Type:    mysql
Host:    localhost
Name:    rt3
User:    rt_user
DBA:    root
Now creating a mysql database rt3 for RT.
Done.
Now populating database schema.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near 'TYPE=InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8' at line 15 at
/usr/src/rt-3.8.8/sbin/../lib/RT/Handle.pm line 506.
*** Error code 255

Stop in /usr/src/rt-3.8.8.
--

Perplexed in Mesa..