[rt-users] Creating New User through API

scott 2600 2600scott at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 14:20:45 EDT 2010

Hello -

We run a call center for our local schools.  One thing we have done recently
is create a web based system for our interns that man the helpdesk so they
receive a  call with a problem, obtain the user's email address and are able
to pull up all kinds of information about their district (outages in
district, past tickets and open tickets for the user etc).

Everything works great, except if the user has never submitted a ticket in
RT.

What I had started with was creating  a new entry in the USERS table for
them.  I missed groupmembers and cachedgroupmembers - but I think I want to
abandon touching the db direct and using the API (I did the db direct for
expediency for our needs).

So I need help working with the RT::User API.   Maybe this is  just a Perl
101 lesson, but where do I find how to use the calls that are available in
there?   Is there a good spot that has some code examples on how to use that
?   I have the book RT Essentials and I see it exists, but haven't put
together how to use any of the f unctions (or what they are), and a Google
search didn't yield what I needed either.

I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thank you

Scott