[rt-users] Multiple RT Entry points?

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Wed Jun 16 04:25:53 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 04:08:13AM -0400, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I'd like to be able to do HTTP auth on RT for my staff (who would have
> single sign-on), while still allowing standard web-logins for my
> customers.
>
> Is there an easy guide as to how to accomplish this?
>
> I've already got one RT instance doing web-auth, which was fairly
> straightforward, but it seems I'd need two separate URL-spaces (or ports)
> to make this duality work right, and RT would need to be aware of both.
>
> Does RT care what url it's being accessed by?

First, you should set $WebFallbackToInternalAuth to 1 in
RT_SiteConfig.pm so if RT didn't got user from http auth, he will
propose the standard login/password screen.
Second, just configure two virtualhosts, one for internal, with http
auth, a second for external, without it.

You may also be able to do this second step by using some apache Limit
options to require auth only for some networks.