[rt-users] Updated subject not used in outgoing email

Angus Rea lists at maculosa.com
Mon Jun 21 02:38:56 EDT 2010

Hi,

I having a small but annoying problem with two 'On create' scrips which
do the following:

a) the first one scans the body of the email and updates some fields
including the ticket subject:

     Condition:   On Create
     Action:      User Defined
     Template:    Global template: Blank
     Stage:       TransactionCreate

b) the second one sends an email to the requestor:

Condition:   On Create
Action: Autoreply To Requestors
Template: MyAutoReply
Stage:       TransactionCreate

Both scrips run correctly, except that the updated subject line is not
used in the email.

Here is the history of a test ticket:

    Mon Jun 21 16:26:19 2010 RT_System - Subject changed from 'ECR' to
'ECR: 30R1234 - type - ASY - subject [Angus Rea]'
    Mon Jun 21 16:26:20 2010 RT_System - Outgoing email recorded

As you can see, the 1st scrip runs and updates the subject and then the
2nd scrip sends the email; however, the subject of
the email sent to the requestor is the original subject; ie: just 'ECR'.

Is there something I should be doing to 'commit' the updates to the
ticket so that the 2nd scrip is aware of the changes?

I have tried running the code for the first scrip in both the
'preparation' and 'cleanup' actions - it doesn't make any difference.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards - Angus