[rt-users] Getting customfield value for a ticket

Johan Sjöberg johan.sjoberg at deltamanagement.se
Thu Jun 24 09:38:50 EDT 2010

Hi.

We have a custom field named "Customer" that we set for our tickets. I am trying to modify this report to summarize time worked per customer during the given time period: http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/TimeWorkedReport

The problem I have is to get the custom field value for a ticket.

I have a Ticket "Object" that is created by
my $t = new RT::Ticket($session{'CurrentUser'});
   $t->Load($tr->ObjectId);

After that I want to get the Custom Field value for this ticket. I can see the data in the ObjectCustomFieldValues table, but I do not know how to get the information I want.
I have the ticket id in $t->id and the CustomField id is 19.
I have tried using the different functions available in the RT perl modules, but have been unable to get it right.
I know very little perl, so I have been working at a trial and error basis.

Do you have any tips for me on how to get it to work?

Best Regards,
Johan Sjöberg