[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth and privileged users

Peter Andersen andersep at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 17:23:58 EDT 2010

  I currently have RT 3.8.6 working with RT::Authen::ExternalAuth to the
point where it allows me to authenticate and access the Self Service page
but I am stuck getting with all users being unprivileged.  Users I create
inside RT can be privileged but none of the external users are privileged
nor can I add them to groups.

  I see references to autocreate users but am unable to get any creation to
happen with ExternalAuth.  Do I need to use RT::Extension::LDAPImport to
create user accounts before I can move forward?  What options do I need to
look into for auto creating users?  Can I set all my external users to
privileged (not the best idea)?

  RT is running on Gentoo Linux with Apache2/fast_cgi, perl 5.10.1 threaded,
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth 0.08 and connects to a Win2003 AD.  I am not
attached to 3.8.6 so replacing with 3.8.8 is an option.