[rt-users] Going crazy with RT 3.8 and Timezones for Display Dates

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 30 12:44:47 EDT 2010

Hi RT Users,
since we are planing our RT 3.8 migration, we are cross checking all our
scrips and some scrips with time calculaltions driving me mad.

Example from RT 3.6.x

We have two CF's: Date and the other Time

CF.Date
CF.Time

The user is entering the date and the time in utc normally - our RT is
running in UTC

Then i have a tiny scrip:

my $DUEDATE = $self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('Date');
my $DUETIME = $self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('Time');
my $DUE = $DUEDATE." ".$DUETIME;
$self->TicketObj->SetDue($DUE);
return 1;

Under RT 3.6. RT was setting this simply to the entered values, all was
fine.

Now with RT 3.8 RT the user is able to enter his timezone offset for Display
and RT is adding the Timezone Difference to this value.

Any hints how to prevent this? or to make sure to get the correct value,
entered by the user?

Torsten

--
MFG