[rt-users] Filtering out Templates by Name

Kevin Squire gentgeen at wikiak.org
Thu Mar 4 14:46:29 EST 2010

I am currently revisiting the "Canned-Reply" idea.
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/CannedReplies

Those directions make a call to /Admin/Elements/SelectTemplate to get
the canned replys.  Up to now, I have simply named all our
templates that will be used for Canned Replys as "CR - $NAME", and
given the description of "Canned Reply for $DESCRIPTION".

Well, now our templates and our Canned Replys are getting numerous
enough (combined with the need for canned Replyes with some non-techy
users) that I would like to find a way to filter out the templates.

I copied the original /Admin/Elements/SelectTemplate over to
<LOCAL>/Admin/Elements/SelectCannedReply  and adjusted my Update.html
callback.  It is calling my new "SelectCannedReply" correctly.  But now
I don't know how to do the filtering (I don't know perl)

From the SelectTemplate script:
  my $PrimaryTemplates = RT::Templates->new($session{'CurrentUser'});
  if ($Queue != 0) {
  $PrimaryTemplates->LimitToQueue($Queue);
  $PrimaryTemplates->OrderBy(FIELD => 'Name');
  }

  my $OtherTemplates = RT::Templates->new($session{'CurrentUser'});
  $OtherTemplates->LimitToGlobal($DefaultQueue);
  $OtherTemplates->OrderBy(FIELD => 'Name');

I am thinking I can modify/add something to/before/after the
"OrderBy(FIELD =>" line that would be on the lines of:

   IF (FIELD => 'Name') starts with "CR -"

but as noted, since I don't know perl, I really don't even know where
to start on this one.

Could someone help get me started?

--
http://www.wikiak.org