[rt-users] use email sender's default queue on ticket create

lh hazzard43 at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 9 17:14:52 EST 2010

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.

On 10/03/10 05:37, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> I suggest you search the mailing list, this comes up pretty often,
> with people suggesting procmail solutions and scrip solutions.

I have searched the list, and couldn't find anything along the lines of
what I'm looking to do. It's always possible I've missed something
pertinent, and apologies if that's the case, but I think perhaps I
didn't make clear enough exactly what I want to achieve. It's certainly
similar to Jason's recent question:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/92127

> The default queue preference has nothing to do with inbound email.

Sure, I understand that. AFAICT it just affects which queue is selected
in the quick new ticket creation drop-down. To my way of thinking
though, it would have made sense if this also allowed overriding the
queue for any new tickets sent via email by the user that would
otherwise have gone to the default queue.

The procmail solution would work calling rt-mailgate with the right
--queue based on sender address, but that would require maintaining the
mapping of email addresses to queues in a procmail config which I'd like
to avoid. Since we already set the user's default queue (for a different
reason), this mapping of email address to the right queue already exists
within RT, hence why I was hoping to achieve it with a scrip only.

So I'm looking for some help with a scrip that on create, checks if the
requestor email is a user with a default queue set, and if so changes
the queue from the system default.

Anyone have anything similar?