[rt-users] Searching By Ticket Number and Merged Tickets

Sara Kinner sara.kinner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 16:49:50 EST 2010

Hi:

We recently upgraded from RT 3.6.1 to 3.8.6 and have noticed two changes in
search behavior.  I have spent hours pouring over the wiki, searchable
mailing lists archives, and documentation and could find nothing on these
two issues.

1 - When you do a simple search by ticket number, instead of just bringing
up the ticket display page it brings you to a search page that displays that
ticket.

2 - When you merge two tickets together, you can no longer search for the
original ticket.  For example, if you merge ticket 299 into ticket 250 and
then search for 299, no results are found.  This is a huge issue because the
requestor of 299 may only have that ticket number to give us to find the
issue.  Previously, if we searched for 299 it brought up ticket 250 which is
what I would expect.

Are these bugs?  Any assistance you can provide would be extremely
appreciated!

Sara Kinner