[rt-users] RTFM Article formatting and attachments lost when attached to RT ticket

Sam Banks sbanks at rb.net.au
Wed Mar 17 18:43:40 EDT 2010

Hi There

We have been using RT for a long time and have recently installed RTFM.
Everything works brilliantly except for one crucial thing.

When we attach an RTFM article to an RT ticket, it loses all it's
formatting (Bold, Italic, Heading, etc) and any attachments from the
article. The formatting appears to be because RTFM and RT use different
text editors. Not sure why the attachments are scrapped.

Is there any way to have RTFM articles retain the formatting and/or
attachments when they are attached to an RT ticket?

Some ideas I had, that may or may not be possible, for the formatting
issue are:

-Force RTFM to use the same editor as RT
-Disable the HTML scrubbing on RT and RTFM and use HTML for the formatting
-Enable wikitext support in RT

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
Sam