[rt-users] Determine Queue based off of email domain

Dustin Berube dustin.berube at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 22:30:30 EDT 2010

I am trying to get RT setup to place new tickets in a particular queue based
off the senders mail domain. We use RT at work to handle support tickets for
our customers in the building. I have 3 different email domains that would
be sending us tickets.

For example I have the following domains that would send us email

@abc.com - company's email account (I have control over this domain)
@jkl.com - Operational department that we support (email is handled by there
main office)
@xyz.com - Outside agency that we maintain a hosted financial system for

I would want anyone sending an email to techsupport at abc.com to have a ticket
created in a particular queue depending on the email domain they are a part
of.

Example:
@abc.com - goes to the ABC Ticket Queue
@jkl.com - goes to the JKL Ticket Queue
@xyz.com - goes to the XYZ Ticket Queue

Is there a way to do this with RT's Scips or would I be better off trying to
filter mail for this criteria with postfix?

Thanks,
Dustin