[rt-users] Sending html mails using web interface

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Mon Mar 29 16:30:47 EDT 2010

One thing you may have to watch out for, that initially got me and went
unnoticed for quite a while.  At the bottom of the template you usually
have something like this:

{$Transaction->Content()}

You will want to change to be:

{$Transaction->Content(Type => 'text/html')}

RT internally handles the conversions back and forth between text &
html.

I noticed that the html -> text conversion can be a little buggy
sometimes, doing unusual things with line wrapping and spacing depending
on what is on the end of a line (tags or whitespace).  My guess is that
HTML::FormatText is a little buggy when writing out plain text from the
parsed html tree, but I haven't bothered digging into it.

~Jason

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:27:45AM +0530, Praveen C wrote:
>    > All mail sends using templates.
>    > It sounds like your correspondence templates are not html
>
>    Thanks for your reply. Can you help me to enable this ??

Apply the documentation in docs/templates.pod to your Correspondence
templates

-kevin

|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  smithj4 at bnl.gov |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone: +1-631-344-4226  |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:   +1-631-344-7616  |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000,  U.S.A.                                   |