[rt-users] Howto: Pseudo read-only custom fields

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Mon Mar 29 19:53:20 EDT 2010

On 3/29/2010 7:04 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 06:50:27PM -0400, Jeff Blaine wrote:
>> Just sharing.  This is how I disabled editing of certain custom
>> fields via the web UI.
>>
>> Part 1: Make the word READONLY appear in your custom field's
>>          description.
>>
>> Part 2: Edit share/html/Tickets/Elements/EditCustomFields
>>          (or whatever proper 'local' file :)) to look like this
>>          for the "table row" block.
>
> Why just not grant the users in question the "Modify Custom Fields" right?

Sadly, I knew about that, and had tested it to work just hours
before posting this.  In those few hours I ended up in
share/html/Tickets/Elements/EditCustomFields to add the
display of $CustomField->Description information for the
viewer.  I got sidetracked in that file and implemented
something I had already found a solution to.

More sadly, I posted it publicly :)