[rt-users] Another Stupid Question

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 11:43:04 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 16:39, Brian Lawson <blawson at samhouston.net> wrote:
> Honestly, I'm new to linux and RT.  I've worked with Unix in the past,
> but not from an admin standpoint.  This has been dropped in my lap and
> I'm trying to understand how it works.  I like it so far, but the
> documentation seems to assume you know administrative information, which
> is not my forte.
>
> I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but like I said, I'm trying and I
> appreciate all the help that has been give to me.  I will look into the
> syslog mechanism more to figure out the level hierarchy.

Check too whether the host is running syslog, or syslog-ng.  The
latter is much more powerful and flexible than the basic syslog and
will give you more options for managing your logging.  However if it
isn't installed I'd recommend you don't pick this point to do so ;)

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor