[rt-users] Approvals

Giles.Coochey at williamhill.com Giles.Coochey at williamhill.com
Mon May 17 05:17:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to set up approvals within RT. Everything is still in testing and this isn't a live system.

The version of RT is 3.8.8, upgraded from an original install of 3.8.7.

I more or less have things working - tickets are created in a queue and enter a state of "Pending Approval", another ticket is created in the Approvals queue and people with the appropriate permisions can approve or reject  a ticket.

If the ticket is approved it changes it's state from Pending Approval.

If a ticket is denied, however, the original ticket does not get rejected...

I have done some research and came across a thread where I needed a Scrip of the type "If an approval is rejected, reject the original and delete pending approval" - this Scrip did not exist in my installation so I created one in the Approvals queue:

Condition: On Status Cange
Action: User Defined
Template: Approval Rejected
State: TransactionCreate

However, it still does not work (the original ticket does not get rejected).

My Approval Rejected Template looks like this:

#start
Subject: Ticket Rejected: {$Ticket->Subject}

Greetings,

Your ticket has been rejected by { eval { $Approval->OwnerObj->Name } }.

Approver's notes: { $Notes }
#end

It seems I'm missing something, does anyone have the extra code that needs to go into the template to complete the actions (reject original and delete pending approval).

Thanks

Giles

Confidentiality: The contents of this e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are intended to be confidential to the intended recipient; and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error.

This message was sent from WHG Trading Limited (registered company number 101439) and/or WHG (International) Limited (registered company number 99191), both of which are registered in Gibraltar whose registered office addresses are: 6/1 Waterport Place, Gibraltar. This e-mail may relate to, or be sent on behalf of, a subsidiary or other affiliated company of WHG Trading Limited and/or WHG (International) Limited.

Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the contents of this e-mail are subject to contract; and are not an official statement, and do not necessarily represent the views, of WHG Trading Limited and/or WHG (International) Limited, any of their subsidiaries or affiliated companies.

Please note that neither WHG Trading Limited nor WHG (International) Limited, nor their subsidiaries and affiliated companies can accept any responsibility for any viruses contained within this e-mail and it is your responsibility to scan any emails and their attachments.  WHG Trading Limited and WHG (International) Limited, and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies may monitor e-mail traffic data and also the content of e-mails for effective operation of the e-mail system, or for security, purposes.