[rt-users] use per-queue custom status?

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Mon May 17 12:07:20 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have custom status fields set in RT_SiteConfig.pm, and they work fine.

I'd like to have some statuses only available in particular queues,
however.  Is this possible?

What I'm trying to achieve:

we have several "linear" processes, where a task goes from one person
to the next.  I'm setting up a separate queue for each, so I can use
the appropriate CustomFields for each task.

Unlike the workflow example, where separate tickets are spawned for
sub-tasks, these tasks must go through a specific set of people in a
specific order.  I'd like to have each person set the appropriate
status when they're finished, and then have RT automatically assign
the ticket to a person based on that status.  Not all statuses are
applicable to all types of work, however.

If there's a better approach to this, please point me at it.

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org
http://www.MichaelWLucas.com/