[rt-users] Searching with no case sensitivity?

Allen allen+rtlist at crystalfontz.com
Tue May 18 19:28:23 EDT 2010

> Is there an easy way to turn off case sensitivity for the search feature
> in RT 3.8.x?  I am using MySql as the database

Terrible, awful hack of DBIx::SearchBuilder.pm
(/usr/share/perl5/DBIx/SearchBuilder.pm) to transform the case
sensitive BLOB column to a case-INsensitive during WHERE clause
comparison:

line 991
+ $subclause =~ s/Attachments_[0-9]\.Content/CONVERT\($& Using latin1\)/;

If you use SearchBuilder for anything other than RT with MySQL, this
hack will break your stuff. But it will fix the RT searches to be case
insensitive. You will find "tHisORThat" when you search for
"thisorthat"