[rt-users] Automatically opening stalled tickets / OpenTicketAndComment

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Thu Nov 11 13:03:20 EST 2010

We use the rt-crontool with Tom Lanyon's OpenTicketAndComment.pm module to
automatically open stalled tickets after a week, and this worked very well
with RT3.6.

We've recently upgraded to 3.8.8, and we now get this error:

Can't call method "Message" on an undefined value
at /usr/share/request-tracker3.8/lib/RT/Action/AutoOpen.pm line 77. 5190:
Processing without transaction, some conditions and actions may fail.
Consider using --transaction argument

I can see from the list that someone else had a similar problem when
moving from 3.6 to 3.8, but I didn't find a solution.

Can anyone shed any light on this? For completeness, Tom's module is
attached.

Thanks,
Keith