[rt-users] An RT mode for GNU/Emacs

John Alberts John.Alberts at exlibrisgroup.com
Fri Nov 12 12:05:49 EST 2010

On 09/30/2010 12:11 PM, Yoni Rabkin wrote:

	Hello,

	I volunteer for the Free Software Foundation's GPL Compliance Lab. The
	FSF uses RT internally to manage the emails sent to the Compliance
	Lab. In order to streamline my work I've written an interface to RT for
	GNU/Emacs. A number of people have already written extensions to the
	code and we use it daily.

	The code is licensed under the same license as RT (namely the GPL) and
	is available via the Git version control system with the following
	command:

	$ git clone http://yrk.nfshost.com/repos/rt-liberation.git/

	RT Training in Washington DC, USA on Oct 25 & 26 2010
	Last one this year -- Learn how to get the most out of RT!

Hi.  I realize this is a pretty old post, but I was wondering if there were any instructions for using rt-liberation?  I'm pretty new to emacs and wanted to give rt-liberation a try.
I did make the info file found in the doc directory and have emacs configured to load.

I have this in my emacs config file:

;; for RT
(require 'rt-liberation)
(setq rt-liber-rt-binary "/home/john/bin/rt"
      rt-liber-rt-version "3.8.8")
(setq rt-liber-username "jalberts")
(require 'rt-liberation-update)

'rt ls' at the command line lists all open and new tickets.

In emacs. I hit 'meta-x' and type 'rt-liber-browse-query', hit enter, and then hit enter again for the query hoping to get a list of all tickets.  But it says 'no results for query'.  I've also tried a simple query like "queue = 'unassigned'" and get the same result.

What else do I need to do?

Thanks

--
John Alberts