[rt-users] [Solved]? Problem forwarding message with attachments

Josh Narins jnarins at seniorbridge.com
Thu Nov 18 13:33:29 EST 2010

Running 3.8.8 on RHEL5.

The error message:

Can't call method "ContentAsMIME" on an undefined value at /opt/local/rt/bin/../lib/RT/Transaction_Overlay.pm line 529, line 522.

I was seeing this when users of various privileges attempt to forward a ticket, and the error only appears if the ticket has an attachment. However, it wasn't happening on all queues. One difference between ticket creation on different queues is that I used RT web interface to create tickets where it worked and uploaded the file via browse. When it didn't work the tickets were created by email with the file attached.

I was choosing "Forward" from Ticket/Elements/Tabs.

I saw this error starting a couple conversations, here[1] and here[2], but never read any solutions.

I had cleared the cache and restarted the server.

So, what I did was create a Transaction_Vendor.pm with a ContentObj method which is identical as the version in Transaction_Overlay.pm except it adds this

        # If THAT fails, return the first part
        my $all_parts2 = $self->Attachments;
        while (my $part = $all_parts2->Next) {
            return $part;
        }

at the end of the block entered if it is a multipart message.

Does anyone think this will have bad, unintended, consequences?

[1] - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/94461
[2] - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/91205

Josh Narins

Director of Application Development
SeniorBridge
845 Third Ave
7th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Tel: (212) 994-6194
Fax: (212) 994-4260
Mobile: (917) 488-6248
jnarins at seniorbridge.com
seniorbridge.com<http://www.seniorbridge.com/>

[http://www.seniorbridge.com/images/seniorbridgedisclaimerTAG.gif]

SeniorBridge Statement of Confidentiality: The contents of this email message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email by an unintended or mistaken recipient is strictly prohibited. In said event, kindly reply to the sender and destroy all entries of this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you.