[rt-users] RT and mySQL cluster?

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Fri Nov 19 12:26:04 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:03:53AM -0700, Thierry Thelliez wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone some experience running RT  on top of MySQL Cluster?

Do you have experience with MySQL Cluster with other software. I doubt
there is a need for MySQL cluster with RT and I'm sure there will be
issue because unless something has changed, all data must fit in servers
memory when using MySQL cluster and an RT DB with many tickets is a DB
of several GB ;)

> Feasible? Overkill? Any issues?
>
> We think that with our application we will see peaks/burts of tickets
> submissions. We want to be able to absorb these peaks safely.

can you tell us more about yout peaks, I know many big setups that just
works fine with one DB. With RT, ticket submissions are often not an
issue, but having a lot of queues/groups/privileged users may slow down
your RT.