[rt-users] RT and mySQL cluster?

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Fri Nov 19 12:27:36 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:03:53AM -0700, Thierry Thelliez wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone some experience running RT  on top of MySQL Cluster?
> Feasible? Overkill? Any issues?
>
> We think that with our application we will see peaks/burts of tickets
> submissions. We want to be able to absorb these peaks safely.
>
> Cheers,
> Thierry

Are you sure the bottle-neck is the database backend. It seems
to me that most of the processing is in the webserver front-ends.
If that is the case, point a second front-end to the same backend
database and you will be able to handle more tickets. It is worth
testing, but is your database I/O even close to 100%?

Cheers,
Ken