[rt-users] R: mandatory subject

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Thu Oct 7 06:43:31 EDT 2010

Hi Mathieu!

We have something like that in place, using  scrips.

We have a set of requests that have to be done using a web interface, and we don't want users to be able to place requests directly through email. But for simplicity reasons the web interface, after collecting all the necessary info from the user, does exactly that: sends an email to RT.

We sorted this out this way: the PHP web page generates emails with a special custom header, and we then check the presence of this header in RT and populate a custom field (using the RT::Extension::ExtractCustomFieldValues extension).

Another (generalized) scrip then checks for the presence of ANY custom field with a "mandatory" type; if found and not populated, the ticket is automatically rejected and a reply sent to the requestor that points him to the URL for the web interface.

If you're interested I can expand on the details.

Bye
Cris