[rt-users] custom fields (simple?) question

Carlos Javier carlosjavier.v at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 10:21:13 EDT 2010

Thanks Kenneth for your answer. I had gone to
Config->CustomFields->Group Rights for the related custom fields, and
added ModifyCustomField and SeeCustomField to Everyone (just to make
it sure this is not the problem). Also, if I login as root/admin, I
get the same behaviour: can't see the custom fields, it shows the
regular fields of any other ticket. It doesn't seem to be a
permissions problem.....

> You may want to concentrate on ways to keep the tickets in IR instead
> and segregate rights.

Kevin, thank you for your suggestion, but I cannot see a way to tailor
permissions in RT/RT-IR that allows for different groups to see
different tickets that are in the same queue (say, Incident Reports)
depending on a ticket characteristic (Constituency, Customer, IP
address, another custom field, etc.). And, as o matter of fact,
"privacy" is very important for our project.

Suggestions wellcomed! :)

Carlos