[rt-users] Ticket could not be created due to an internal error

Jason Brown jason.brown at millbrookprinting.com
Wed Oct 20 09:13:56 EDT 2010

I recently had a server crash and I am reinstalling RT from scratch, the
version that was installed was 3.6.7.  I installed that version on the
new server and reimported the MySQL database, then upgraded RT to 3.8.8.
  Everything seems to be working properly, I am able to login, create
and resolve tickets through the web GUI, however if I try to send an
email to the designated email address to create a ticket I receive a
bounce back email message stating "Ticket could not be created due to an
internal error."

I do not see anything in the logs that would indicate errors.  When the
server does recieve a message, this entry is created:
  to=<rt at rt.millbrookprinting.com>, relay=local, delay=0.39,
delays=0.02/0.01/0/0.36, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command:
/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue Incoming --action correspond --url
http://rt.millbrookprinting.com/)

The server is running:
CentOS 5.5 (SELinux is disabled)
Postfix