[rt-users] Can watcher notifications use a different template?

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Wed Oct 20 12:27:51 EDT 2010

 I'm looking to tweak our internal RT process so that internal users can
'claim' a ticket directly from the e-mail notification, to avoid having
two people working on one issue (we have a group of people who are all
watchers on the General queue, and those people generally work from
their inbox).

To do that, I want to:
1) Add a new action, Claim, that will do the same as Take, but only if
the ticket is not owned and otherwise tell the claiming user that Joe is
already dealing with it.
2) Add a link to Claim in the Watcher mail so that people can 'get a
lock' on a ticket before investigating and replying.

I think I can manage 1 with no problem, but I don't follow where I can
create a template that is used specifically for 'Watcher-notification'
e-mails. Is this possible? Is it actually a different template than the
one used for normal transactions? (or can it be?)

I guess the alternative is to effectively duplicate part of the Watcher
functionality with a scrip that uses OnCreate and Notify Other
Recipients, but that seems a bit clunky.

Does any of this make any sense? Is there a better way to do it?

Thanks for any insight,

Howie