[rt-users] Stripping Confidentiality and other stuff from emailed tickets, comments, correspondence

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Oct 20 14:18:10 EDT 2010

Hi Josh,

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Josh Narins <jnarins at seniorbridge.com> wrote:

> I've looked into MailPlugins, but unless I'm reading the wrong section of the documentation, they are for auth/authz aspects of mail, and not for rewriting the content of the mail to, as I plan, remove redundant confidentiality agreements and signatures.

A mail plugin has access to MIME entity and can do with it whatever
you like. Just return the same auth level and current user and RT will
continue to process the message. I do believe it's right place to do
it even if API is not quite obviouse for this purpose. Old design that
is there since RT 3.0 and screams for major refactoring.

> I've been looking in RT::EmailParser and I see a _ParseMIMEEntity function which calls a handy-sounding _PostProcessNewEntity but I don't see any hooks in there for the casual user, so, either I need to wedge the code I need in there myself or need to be edjumakayted about where I should be looking.

If you enable GPG/SMIME then email is not fully processed at first and
I think those functions are called for this case and you wouldn't be
able to access decoded bodies.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.