[rt-users] Question on whether or not this is possible

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Wed Oct 20 14:23:53 EDT 2010

Hi folks

   We are using RT internally for issue tracking, and starting to use it
for more workflow type things.

   At the same time, I am thinking we might want to use it for customer
facing interfaces to bugs (ala web page).  But we want to keep the
customer bits and the internal workflow bits separate.  Is it possible
to create users that can only see some things on specific queues, but
have no rights to other queues?

   So if user joe at xyz.com wants to query the database, they can do it,
only for the support queue, but not for the other queues?

   Or do we need to set up a separate RT system for the non-support
workflow bits, and not provide customer access to the workflow system?

   Thanks!

Joe
--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D