[rt-users] Templates and custom ScripActions

Francis L Fabrizio fabrizio at uab.edu
Fri Oct 22 11:15:57 EDT 2010

Do I have to do something specific when creating a Scrip and using Action: User Defined in order to get RT to process the associated template with the scrip?

I have created a custom scrip, and just for testing purposes, I made the custom condition, custom action prep, and custom action cleanup all set to "return 1;", and associated my desired template with the scrip.  The scrip fires and returns successfully, but the template is never touched.

Are there specific steps I need to take in my custom action code in order to load, parse, and send notifications from a template?

Thanks,
Fran