[rt-users] Displaying actual OtherRecipients of a transaction in email sent to all recipients

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 13 10:52:23 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 11:07:16AM -0400, Chris Hardie wrote:

> Hi.  I'm trying to find a way to display the "Other Recipients" of a
> transaction in the headers of the email message generated to everyone
> involved - Requestors, CCs, and Other Recipients.
>
> So, if I reply to a ticket and type in an address in the "CC" field of
> the reply form, but don't actually add that recipient as a CC to the
> ticket, I still want everyone getting the reply to see everyone else who
> received it.
>
> Another way to say this is that I'm looking for a third behavior for the
> $UseFriendlyToLine config option - instead of "blank" or "Friendly Text"
> I want to actually display the addresses being e-mailed in the To/CC
> header fields (but just for one queue).

It sounds like you want to collapse your scrips so that Notify
Requestors, Ccs and Other Recipients happens all in one action.
We don't recommend that you send to AdminCcs and Requestors at the
same time.

Otherwise, you could certainly add a note to the outgoing mail by
writing some code in your template to examine RT-Send-Cc

-kevin