[rt-users] Owner does not get emails.

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 17 09:39:59 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 08:32:54AM -0500, Ashrock wrote:
>    I didnot create a new scrip to notify the administrator.
>
>    I meant, if you select an owner to a ticket, the ticket created notification is not going to
>    the owner, Do i need to write a scrip for that.

Configuration -> Global -> Scrips
Do you have one that says "On Create, Notify Owner" ?

>    And when nobody is selected as owner, i was assuming that it should go to the queue address i
>    created on the queue which it does not do.

No.  The queue address is the address that you send mail TO to create
tickets in RT.  If RT emailed that address, then it would create an
infinite loop.

>    Set ($NotifyActor, 0);
>    Isn't that  a setting to notify the creator of the ticket.?

I'll copy the documentation.  Although it appears your problem really
is that you didn't understand the correspond address or scrips.

=item C<$NotifyActor>

By default, RT doesn't notify the person who performs an update, as
they already know what they've done. If you'd like to change this
behaviour, Set C<$NotifyActor> to 1

=cut

>    rt-its : "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate-queue ITS --action correspond --url
>    [1]http://10.10.10.10:443"
>    rt-comment : "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate-queue ITS --action comment --url
>    [2]http://10.10.10.10:443"
>    rt-mktg : "|opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate-queue marketing --action correspond --url
>    [3]http://10.10.10.10:443"
>    rt-los :"||opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate-queue loanofficer --action correspond --url
>    [4]http://10.10.10.10:443"
>
>    I probably got confused as i read many similar documents before configuring RT. and one of
>    them said to use either a sendmail or sendmailpipe and while using sendmailpipe to mention
>    that "-t" in the next line.

What is rt-mailgate-queue?  That is not a program that ships with RT.
The README that ships with RT contains a functioning mailgate example,
you appear to have deleted a very important space and -

-kevin