[rt-users] Can't locate object method

Jyoti Sahu jyoti.sahu at elitecore.com
Mon Sep 20 09:57:19 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to learn the code of RT to make changes in it as per our
requirements. So I tried to duplicate on of its module of creating, editing
group.

I have included a new folder as groups1 in /share/html/Admin folder & made a
new package as groups1.pm & group1.pm & accordingly .

Everything went fine to some extent but now I am facing one problem as its
showing below error when included above changes

ERROR:

error:  Can't locate object method "new" via package "RT::Groups1" (perhaps
you forgot to load "RT::Groups1"?) at
/opt/rt3/share/html/Admin/Groups1/index.html line 40, <GEN364> line 134.
context:

36:

value="<&|/l&>Go!</&>" /></div>

37:

</form>

38:

39:

<%INIT>

40:

my $Groups1 = RT::Groups1->new($session{'CurrentUser'});

41:

$Groups1->LimitToUserDefinedGroups();

42:

my $title = loc('Select a group_newcustomized');

43:

my $caption;

44:

code stack:  /opt/rt3/share/html/Admin/Groups1/index.html:40
/opt/rt3/share/html/Admin/autohandler:49
/opt/rt3/share/html/autohandler:315

Can any body help what might be the problem?