[rt-users] Take and Change Owner Permissions

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 21 13:37:10 EDT 2010

Jason,

A few questions; You allow "Everyone", not just Privileged or certain roles
or specific User groups, the right to modify a custom field value in a
ticket? Curious. Also, if you have granted "CreateTicket" to everyone, why
did you grant it again to that group? They already have it as "Everyone".
Same applies to "ReplyToTicket", "SeeQueue", and "ShowTicket". These can be
dropped from the group. Redundant Privileges make for more difficult
maintenance and a tougher time debugging "Rights" problems.
I also noticed you didn't grant "SeeOutgoingEmail" to anyone. I would think
that at least the group might want to see what Email is coming and going.
Who is allowed to delete a ticket? The owner?

Just a few thoughts.

Kenn
LBNL