[rt-users] ExternalAuth and bounced Emails

Peter Barton PBarton at iesi.com
Wed Sep 22 15:52:44 EDT 2010

I have had great luck implementing ExternalAuth and having all my users
authenticating from AD, but here is where I have a problem.  I have a
Companywide intranet web site that is used to fill out new user forms
and submit them via email to our RT system.  The From: field on these
emails are filled out with a generic "intranetadmin" email address.
Since RT now uses ExternalAuth for usernames this account is not in my
AD directory and the email is bounced back.

I have the queue setup for everyone : create ticket yet the email is
bounced every time.

Is there a specific setting in RT_SiteConfig that I need to set to allow
this?

Thanks in advance.

Peter Barton