[rt-users] Auth

Kurt Engle engle at 4j.lane.edu
Wed Sep 29 17:26:37 EDT 2010

I have RT authenticating users against a LDAP database. That is working just fine right now. However, I have the need to be able to authenticate users that are not listed in this LDAP database. I would like to be able to create users that are 'internal' to RT and be able to administer these users via the RT system. Currently, RT is not allowing me to create internal users, it checks my external LDAP database and does not find the user and refuses to go further.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? If so, hints as to what needs to be done to accomplish the authentication that I am looking for.

Thanks

Kurt Engle
Eugene 4J Schools