[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth, Possible Configuration Issue?

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Apr 7 20:32:31 EDT 2011

On 04/07/2011 08:04 PM, Eli Guzman wrote:
>> == TL/DR ==
>>
>> Installed RT 3.8.9 on a test RHEL server, and cannot seem to get
>> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth to properly work, please help!
>
> Sorry for the bump to this topic, just needed to see if anyone can still
> assist with
> this issue. If this is a problem with the module itself, what would be
> another possible
> workaround for getting LDAP connected?

You didn't actually include the log or configuration files that you said
you did.  However I suspect you're running version 0.08 of ExternalAuth
which is known not to work with RT 3.8.9.  You should download and
install ExternalAuth 0.08_01 from CPAN at the link below.  0.08_01 is a
developer release containing a known fix for the problem.

http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/F/FA/FALCONE/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08_01.tar.gz

Thomas