[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth, Possible Configuration Issue?

Eli Guzman eguzman at cvimellesgriot.com
Fri Apr 8 12:36:11 EDT 2011

----Original Message----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Thomas
Sibley Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 6:33 PM To:
rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com Subject: Re: [rt-users]
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth,Possible Configuration Issue?

> On 04/07/2011 08:04 PM, Eli Guzman wrote:
>>> == TL/DR ==
>>>
>>> Installed RT 3.8.9 on a test RHEL server, and cannot seem to get
>>> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth to properly work, please help!
>>
>> Sorry for the bump to this topic, just needed to see if anyone can
>> still assist with this issue. If this is a problem with the module
>> itself, what would be another possible workaround for getting LDAP
>> connected?
>
> You didn't actually include the log or configuration files that you
> said you did.  However I suspect you're running version 0.08 of
> ExternalAuth which is known not to work with RT 3.8.9.  You should
> download and install ExternalAuth 0.08_01 from CPAN at the link
> below.  0.08_01 is a developer release containing a known fix for the
> problem.

http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/F/FA/FALCONE/RT-Authen-ExternalAu
th-0.08_01.tar.gz

> Thomas

Hey Thomas,

Thanks a lot for the information, I went ahead and queried the cpan
packages and you are
correct I am running:

   RT::Authen::ExternalAuth      0.08

I will give try at downloading 0.08_01 and see how it goes. I did
include the logs
in another email, not sure if that one made the list. I am including the
logs on this
email (just in case anyone wants a quick glance at them), please do let
me know if they
do not go through (sometimes our AV server strips off attachments). If
they don't I'll
just do a pastebin from the logs I do have. I'll make sure to update the
list with the
results.

Thanks,
Eli