[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth, Possible Configuration Issue?

Eli Guzman eguzman at cvimellesgriot.com
Mon Apr 11 12:43:54 EDT 2011

----Original Message----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin
Falcone Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 8:00 AM To:
rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com Subject: Re: [rt-users]
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth, Possible Configuration Issue?

>> [Fri Apr  8 23:34:13 2011] [debug]: Attempting to use external auth
>> service: My_LDAP

(/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalA
>> ut h.pm:64)
>> [Fri Apr  8 23:34:13 2011] [debug]: SSO Failed and no user to test
>> with. Nexting
>
> This implies that the username you typed into the login box isn't
> getting to the plugin.
>
> You did clear the mason cache when you updated the module, right?
>
> -kevin

Hey Kevin,

No I did not clear the cache at that time, so I made sure to do so now:

[root at xx ~]# rm -fr /opt/rt3/var/mason_data/obj
[root at xx ~]# rm -rf /opt/rt3/var/mason_data/*

And then restarted httpd services, this goes ok, and once again I get
the
same message:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=kme8CUdk

All of the "ExternalAuth" messages listed on the pastebin came up as I
opened the browser,
with our designated test domain user named "jjdoe".

On the pastebin you may also notice that there is a message when httpd
services are initializing
stating that "RT's GnuPG libraries couldn't successfully read your
configured GnuPG home directory"
and thereupon Disables PGP support for RT. Could this have something to
do with the
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth error?

[Mon Apr 11 16:30:02 2011] [debug]: RT's GnuPG libraries couldn't
successfully read your
configured GnuPG home directory (/opt/rt3/var/data/gpg). PGP support has
been disabled /opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Config.pm:449)

If there is anything else I can try please let me know.

Thanks,
Eli