[rt-users] Workflow to change Cc on first reply to ticket

Fritz Mahnke fmahnke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:36:43 EDT 2011

Hello,

We are using RT 3.8.9 to track issues our company logs with a third
party. I use a special queue for this. New tickets created in that
queue begin with the third party's mailing list email address in the
Cc field.

Next, a member of the third party replies and generally takes
ownership of the issue. When this first reply happens, I would like
that person to be added to the Cc list. At the same time, I would like
to automatically remove the mailing list email address from the Cc
list.

I want to do this because I don't want all future correspondence to go
to the entire mailing list, just the individual responsible.
Currently, someone has to manually remove the mailing list email
address and add the email address of the individual handling the
issue.

Can someone give me a hint on how I might use a Scrip to modify the Cc
list in this way on first reply?

Best regards,
Fritz