[rt-users] HTML Comments with RT REST Interface

Roman Plessl roman.plessl at oetiker.ch
Sun Apr 17 19:54:04 EDT 2011

Hi Everybody,

I'm using the REST interface of a large RT 3.8.8 installation to
communicate and fill in data from a CRM tool.

Is there a possibility to insert HTML comments instead of plain text
comments with this REST interface?

Does anybody has an example for doing this?

One of the ways I have tried - but unfortunatly not sucessfully - was to
patch the RT-Client-REST 0.41 code. I have added a MIME::Entity called
MIMEObj including the HTML comment and passing this through the REST call.
But my additional ticket comments added with this new code parts are
always text/plain comments in RT (Interface and DB).

Here are my parts of the patched RT::Client::REST.pm

+use MIME::Entity;
+sub MakeMIMEEntity () # taken from RT::Interface::Web
  sub comment {
     my $msg = $self->_valid_comment_message(delete($opts{message}));

     my @objects = ("Ticket", "Action", "Text");
     my %values  = (
         Ticket      => $ticket_id,
         Action      => $action,
         Text        => $msg,
     );

+    if ($opts{'mimeType'} and $opts{'mimeType'} eq 'text/html') {
+       my $MIMEObj = MakeMIMEEntity(
+          Subject => "Hello HTML Comment!",
+          Body    => $msg,
+          Type    => 'text/html',
+       );
+
+       push @objects, "MIMEObj";
+       $values{MIMEObj} = $MIMEObj->as_string;
+    }
+
      my $text = form_compose([[ '', \@objects, \%values, ]]);
      $data{content} = $text;

      $self->_submit("ticket/$ticket_id/comment", \%data);
      return;
}

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!