[rt-users] How to create ticket to others.

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Apr 18 12:55:56 EDT 2011

Albert,

I'm not quite sure if I understand your question, but I think you want to be
able to create tickets for people "outside" your group/organization for
questions, etc. My suggestion is to create new Queues for the various
groups/organizations you are referring to. Then send email to those Queues
for your questions. When you configure those Queues, make sure you set the
watchers up to be those you want to hear from and make sure those Queues are
ONLY executing notification scrips specific to those needs to those
watchers. When those watchers do a "reply" to the email RT sent (when the
ticket was created), RT will keep track of those responses and as the
"Requestor", you will get a copy of their response (provided you have that
scrip working in that Queue.

Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL