[rt-users] How to create ticket to others.

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Mon Apr 18 16:08:17 EDT 2011

 Le 18/04/2011 à 09:55:56-0700, Kenneth Crocker a écrit
> Albert,
>
> I'm not quite sure if I understand your question, but I think you want to be
> able to create tickets for people "outside" your group/organization for
> questions, etc. My suggestion is to create new Queues for the various groups/
> organizations you are referring to. Then send email to those Queues for your
> questions. When you configure those Queues, make sure you set the watchers up
> to be those you want to hear from and make sure those Queues are ONLY executing
> notification scrips specific to those needs to those watchers. When those
> watchers do a "reply" to the email RT sent (when the ticket was created), RT
> will keep track of those responses and as the "Requestor", you will get a copy
> of their response (provided you have that scrip working in that Queue.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Let me explain (sorry my english is very poor) again.

Take a example, I need to contact (I'm working as system-admin in IT) the
support of the dell because one of my server lost a disk.

What I want to do is create a ticket in RT to track this. So creating a new
queue is not very good because I'm going to use this maybe only one time.

But I find a solution, I'm not sure is the good way to do that but it's
working.

I send a email to mail RT-Mailgate_address and put on the top of the mail

AddCc:DELL_SUPPORT_ADDRESS

so when the ticket is create RT send a email (with in the subject the good
tags, and correct from address) to DELL_SUPPORT_ADDRESS so when he going to
answer the mail going to RT-Mailgate_adfress and RT send back to me.

So I can track all the transaction and put in the archive.

The only thing I can do is, in this method DELL_SUPPORT_ADDRESS received
his own email. But that's in small inconvenience.

But maybe someone have better idea ?

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH